Friday, July 15, 2011

Things I love

Since I was a kid, I've always had a fascination for muscle cars.
One of my passions was collecting Matchbox cars, I'd spend every penny of my allowance on the latest releases and would play with them for hours.

In high school, my best friend and I would walk, thumb even beg for rides too get to a local race track in Georgia, just to watch demo rallies which also side showed drag races.

We would spend our weekends working on a wrecked 64 GTO his dad salvaged for him. (he owned and operated an auto machine shop)

Greg, my brother and I would travel to all sorts of junk yards looking for the perfect V8 to slam in that bad boi or just to find the various parts we needed.
The task took us years (money to purchase parts always being an issue)

Greg's dad, who coulda' rebuilt a V8 blindfolded, would only give us advice when we were absolutely stumped or were about to make some monumental blunder.

Our goal was to be done before we graduated High school, which didn't happen, but that's life and we learned many things from the project.

Eventually, we did complete the *Goat* replete with restored interior and enjoyed several years of weekend road trips.

Alas, in 1982 during a freak storm in winter, the roof of the storage building in which the GTO was housed, collapsed and crushed it like a pancake.

We ended up actually having a "farewell" party for the Goat and yes, more than a few tears were shed as well as many fine memories.

Today, I never miss an episode of Top Gear and still sport wood every time I see or get to ride or drive in a growling, tire smoking muscle car, which brings us to my current passion.

What I wouldn't give just to drive one of these:

For me, the Veyron is pure sex on wheels and I would probably lap some old whores diseased twat just to drive one.

Check this vid out, if your a gear head and don't get a boner watching this, then you dead between the legs.

No comments: