Friday, April 26, 2013

Newsweek Magazine's 'Ex-Gay' Coverman John Paulk: I'm Still Gay


John Paulk, once one of the most visible spokespeople for the “ex-gay” movement, has said he's still gay.
Paulk appeared on the cover of Newsweek in 1998 under the headline Gay for Life? Going Straight: The Uproar Over Sexual “Conversion”. In the article, he promoted the “ex-gay” ministry he founded, Love Won Out, and claimed that like himself and his wife Anne, people can and do alter their sexuality.
Paulk's status in the movement diminished greatly in 2000 when Wayne Besen publicized spotting him at a gay bar in Washington D.C.
Last week, Paulk said he no longer supports attempts to change a person's sexual orientation from gay to straight.
In a letter released this week, Paulk apologized for the harm he may have caused through the promotion of his “ex-gay” ministry.
“So in 2003, I left the public ministry and gave up my role as a spokesman for the 'ex-gay movement,'” Paulk wrote. “I began a new journey. In the decade since, my beliefs have changes. Today, I do not consider myself 'ex-gay' and I no longer support or promote the movement. Please allow me to be clear: I do not believe that reparative therapy changes sexual orientation; in fact, it does great harm to many people.”
“From the bottom of my heart I wish I could take back my words and actions that caused anger, depression, guilt and hopelessness. In their place I want to extend love, hope, tenderness, joy and the truth that gay people are loved by God.”
Sorry John, I ain't Jesus and not the forgiving type. No ones hands are more bloody than yours.
Dripping with the wasted tears and blood of so many who believed your lies and when they couldn't achieve what you professed they could, ended their own lives. 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, dear morsel. Could it be that your inability to cast the beam from your own eye consigns you to being part of the problem? Are you helping the 'cause' when you shake with one hand while holding a knife in the other. Forgive and be significant. Try not to offer a problem unless you have a better solution. You have a delightful box of crayons, please use more pleasant colors. Nobility is very attractive, my precious amoeba.

Anonymous said...

The real problem is kids being brainwashed with ignorant Hebrew doctrines, then spending their adult lives scewed up with lies. This guy has claimed responsibility for his stupidity. Everyone else must be responsible for theirs. No one can tell you your truth unless you let them. Don't drink the Koolaid no matter who offers it. B

Ulf Raynor said...

Oh but I do have a better solution...the complete banning of reparative therapy.
And B, tell that "responsibility" bullshit to a confused 15 year old kid trying too please his homophobic parents.