Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Robbie Rogers Receives Ovation In Galaxy Debut

Robbie Rogers received a warm welcome from fans as he made his Los Angeles Galaxy debut on Sunday.
A loud ovation was heard from the stands as Rogers entered the game as a substitute player for the Galaxy, making him the U.S.'s first active openly gay male professional athlete.
The former U.S. Men's National Soccer Team member who last played for the UK's Leeds United team came out gay and announced his retirement from professional soccer in an online post in February.
But last week, Rogers, 26, announced that he would come out of retirement.
As recently as March, Rogers said he was happy with his decision to call it quits.
“I felt like I couldn't play and come out,” Rogers said in a CNN interview. “I thought it would be too emotional for me, it would be a circus. I just thought it would be very difficult, the impact on the team with the media showing up every day. … I'm glad I did it this way. I am happy.”
But he told USA Today that he had an epiphany last month after he spoke to a group of kids at the Nike Be True LGBT Youth Forum in Portland.
“I seriously felt like a coward,” Rogers said. “These kids are standing up for themselves and changing the world, and I'm 25, I have a platform and a voice to be a role model. How much of a coward was I to not step up the plate?”
“It's awesome to be a part of a movement that is changing our society,” Rogers added.

I couldn't agree with him more on his reasons for returning.
Plus, I'd like to add, on a personal note...I'd be more than happy to lick every square inch of his sweaty body before fucking his brains out!

No comments: