Monday, September 8, 2014

I Just Had To Post This: Lesbian Couple Together 72 Years Marries In Iowa

Vivian Boyack and Alice “Nonie” Dubes exchanged vows in Davenport, Iowa on Saturday after 72 years together.
Family and friends attended the intimate ceremony at First Christian Church.

“This is a celebration of something that should have happened a very long time ago,” the Rev. Linda Hunsaker told the couple, the Quad-City Times reported.
Boyack, 91, and Dubes, 90, met in their hometown of Yale, Iowa.
In 1947, they moved to Davenport.
“We've had a good time,” Dubes, who did payroll work, said of the life they shared.
Boyack was an elementary school teacher.
“I always wanted to be a teacher,” she said.
The pair said they have traveled to all 50 states and all the provinces of Canada, and have visited England twice.
Friend Jerry Yeast said he's known the women since the age of 18.
“I've known these two women all my life, and I can tell you, they are special. This is a very special day for all of us,” he said.

Congratulations Ladies!


1 comment:

jack said...

Awwwwwww! That made my day!

--jack