Wednesday, December 24, 2014

And A Child Shall Lead Them

A 9 year old boy rights a letter to his out gay teacher:

Dear Mr R,
Even though you’re gay, I will always treat you the same way as I do now. I still think about you the same way as I used to. You’re a great teacher and these are just some of the word’s that I would describe you as: great, amazing, fantastic, brilliant, awesome and brave.
The reason why I say brave is because you shared a personal secret which was very brave.
You don’t have to feel scared because I know that everyone in the class feels the same way as I do.
From A x x
PS. We are all proud of you

4th Grade Boy Asks Santa For Equality, Writes About Transgender Sister:


Dear Santa,
I wish for everyone to have equality black, white, brown, gay, transgender, and every other race. I wish for familys to love each other even if their trans or gay. I wish for no shootings, no hate, and no racism. My big sister name is Molly. She used to be called Sam but she came out as trans when she was 18. She took hormones that made her look and sound more like a girl. Luckly my family and I accepted her, but some familys are not like that. people have killed their children because of them being transgender or gay. I want that to stop, and start the love.
Love, B

For me, these letters are the true meaning of Christmas, presented unedited, in all their joyous splendor.
Happy Holidays everyone!

Ulf




No comments: