Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lesbian Collaborator Daniela Iraschko-Stolz: "Russia's 'Propaganda' Law Fuss Is Exaggerated"


 Lesbian Austrian ski jumper and supposed gay rights advocate Daniela Iraschko-Stolz says public reaction to a Russian law banning homosexual propaganda among minors had been exaggerated and that she wants to focus on sport at the Winter Olympic.

Iraschko-Stolz, 30, married her lesbian partner last year, becoming a rare Austrian athlete to come out openly as gay. Stolz is her partner's surname.

Russia has come under heavy international criticism for a law banning the spread of "gay propaganda" among minors.

Asked ahead of her competition in the mountains above Sochi whether she was worried about the law, Iraschko-Stolz replied: "No, on the contrary, I think everything is being blown up bigger than it is. I had a very good welcome like every other athlete. There were absolutely no problems."

She went on to explain: "Naturally you have to look at it from a different point of view and always be critical, but especially in my situation, I don't want to talk too much about it," said the Austrian, who is one of the leading contenders for a medal in Tuesday's normal hill event.


"I only want to focus on sports and I think if you're tolerant towards everyone else they treat you the same way and it gives you a lot of joy. I think you can make a statement by jumping well."

I certainly hope you win gold at the Olympics Daniela and I also hope, from this day forward, every gay person you encounter, turns their back on you and refuse too even acknowledge you exist, just as your doing to the plight of the LGBT community in Russia.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

High profile athlete=SAFE
Ordinary LGBT Russian=Beaten and Jailed. You my dear Lady are no friend to our LGBT Family so go play your sports and keep your mouth shut.