Wednesday, July 30, 2014

'Ex-Gay' Leader Yvette Schneider Renounces Movement; Implies 'Ex-Gay' Men Remain Gay

Yvette Cantu Schneider is the latest “ex-gay” leader to renounce the movement.
In a blog post for GLAAD, Schneider, who is promoting her book Never Not Broken: A Journey of Unbridled Transformation, explained that she began questioning the movement in 2008, as Christian conservatives came together to help approve Proposition 8, California's now-invalid constitutional amendment which defined marriage as a heterosexual union.

Jeremy Hooper, special projects consultant for GLAAD, described Schneider as having “one of the most robust pedigrees of anyone who has ever worked in the so-called 'ex-gay' movement.”
“From the late nineties right through to the second decade of the twenty-first century, Yvette managed to find herself laboring for and with just about every top anti-LGBT group and activist you've heard of,” Hooper wrote. “From her high-profile start at the Family Research Council to her work with California's Proposition 8 campaign – with many stops, at many different groups and campaigns along the way – Yvette became one of that movement's most visible faces and certainly one of the most known women in a line of 'work' known mainly for its male spokespeople.”
In an interview with Hooper, Schneider said that many of her former colleagues were unconvinced that altering a person's sexuality is possible.
“Many people I knew suspected all along that change – true change where all same-sex attractions disappear or become rare and incidental, and heterosexual attractions take their place – never happened,” she said. “I can say I've never met an 'ex-gay' man I thought was not still attracted to men and would not go back to gay relationships under the right circumstances. One of my colleagues tried to fix me up with an 'ex-gay' man when I was still single. I said, 'No way. I have no interest in dating an ex-gay man. I don’t trust that they're actually ex-gay.' … This particular 'ex-gay' man who was to be my date was caught having sex with a man about a year later.”
“That gay men could be considered 'ex-gay' was questioned many times during my tenure at FRC,” he added.
When asked about her own sexuality, Schneider, who once called homosexuality “bondage,” answered: “I've always been drawn to intense emotional connections. I look for something about a person that excites me and makes me want to spend time with them and know more about them. Part of that, of course, is physical attraction. If the person happens to be a woman or a man is inconsequential to me. For most of my life I've been more attracted to women than to men, but my attractions also depend on personal qualities, not gender. Fifteen years ago when I met the man I would eventually marry, we had an instant connection. Anyone who knows us can see we're soul mates. Could I have had an equally strong bond with a woman? Of course.”

Fuck this bisexual bitch and her new book...yeah, lets make more blood money off the gay community because she now see's the tide turning against reparative fucking therapy.
She knew all along she was bisexual and pretended and used this knowledge to willingly continue backing the FRC and her fellow Christian terrorist...rot in hell fascist bitch for all the gay lives you ruined and destroyed, just for money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE! I don't buy your "Oops, I'm sowwy!" bullshit! --jack