Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rubbish In, Rubbish Out

A Canadian university professor has been fired over a violent anti-gay Facebook post.
Rick Coupland, a business professor at St Lawrence College, shared a news broadcast about St Petersburg, Florida raising a rainbow flag for Pride month on his personal page last week.
Above the video, he wrote: ‘It’s the queers they should be hanging, not the flag,’
A former student complained to the university and uploaded screenshots of the post on social media.
Later that day, the professor updated his status saying: ‘I have to get off Facebook for awhile.’
‘I’ve been called into work and told to bring a representative re; my comments on FB. Please pray for me and my job,’ he wrote.
On Wednesday (22 July), St Lawrence College confirmed that Coupland ‘is no longer an employee.’

‘As a result of complaints about comments made on social media that were brought forward to the College, this matter was investigated internally,’ the university tweeted.

He'd be delighted to know, I did pray...that he'd lose his job...see, prayer does work!

No comments: