Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Green Arrow Star Calls Out Anti-Gay Haters

Stephen Amell attended Vancouver Pride over the weekend.
His Facebook post of his pictures from the event received many anti-LGBT. comments.
One comment said: ‘I don’t support this, but I’m still a fan of you Stephen Amell.’
Another simply stated: ‘Stupid gay pride.’

He was told he’d ‘lose a lot of followers‘ for posting the pictures.
Stephen went on to make a post about the anti-LGBT comments he received: ‘Facebook! What’s happening!
‘So I’m scrolling through my page this morning and I was really taken aback by some of the back and forth commentary after I posted two photos from the Pride Parade / Festivities yesterday in Vancouver.
‘The vast majority were positive, but a laughable amount were negative.
‘I had a fantastic weekend in Vancouver with my wife and friends, met some terrific people and more than anything just tried to soak in all the positive energy from people living their best lives.’
‘If I’m in Vancouver next year I won’t just go back, I’ll walk in the parade. So for everyone in their negative pants: Go be on the wrong side of history on somebody else’s Facebook page.’
He also made a video where he could explain what went on regarding the ‘controversy’ on his page.
His only regret about attending the event was not taking his daughter because she would have ‘loved it. There were a lot of unicorns, a lot of bubbles, a lot of glitter.’
Stephen also made memes for #MemeMonday in response to the hateful comments.

He is known for playing Oliver Queen in US show Arrow.
The actor is no stranger to queer roles, having appeared in the gay favorites “Queer as Folk” and “Dante’s Cove.” He’s also been an outspoken advocate for the LGBTQ community in recent years.

No comments: