Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lesbian Rep. Jo Jordan Says She Received Love From Gay Marriage Foes

 
Hawaii state Rep. Jo Jordan, who is openly gay, rose Friday to explain her vote against a gay marriage bill which later cleared the chamber.

Jordan is the first openly gay lawmaker to vote against such legislation.

She said during the bill's second reading that she felt the bill's religious exemptions were too narrow.

She repeated that claim on Friday, adding that “I was put on this path for some reason, and I'm not going to ask why.”

“I'm not held to any specific conviction but I do have certain beliefs that I hold near and dear. And in this process I have been shown so much love by a community I thought hated me,” Jordan tearfully told colleagues on the House floor. “And I found so much hate in a community that I thought embraced me. See Mr. Speaker, I have no hate for them.”

Later she added: “I'm sorry to the GLTB community. I walked in this place three years ago asking my community, I don't want to be the poster child. I've become the poster child. And I accept that.”
 
Seriously Ms. Jordan, what did you expect from the gay community you stabbed in the back, open arms and acceptance for throwing them under the bus just to appease religious zealots?
As for this new found love you've received from the Christian community, make absolutely no mistake, they will, bit by bit, rip away your very right to exist given half the chance. 

No comments: