Thursday, June 11, 2015

Nick Jonas Replaces Iggy Azalea At Pittsburgh Gay Pride Concert


Nick Jonas has stepped in to fill the void left when Iggy Azalea abruptly canceled her headline performance at Pittsburgh Pride in the Street.
Saturday's event takes place on Liberty Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh. Tickets sold here.

“When I heard about the difficult position Pittsburgh Pride was in just days before their event, I knew I had to find a way to help,” Jonas said. “I'm excited to do what I can to support the LGBT community in Pittsburgh, and I look forward to seeing you this Saturday as we celebrate together.”
Azalea has been criticized for tweets sent before her rapid rise to fame with the 2011 release of her music video for Pu$$y, some of which appear to be homophobic.
“When guys whisper in each others ears I always think its kinda homo,” she messaged in 2010.
Vanessa Davis of the Pittsburgh chapter of the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Azalea's inclusion was behind her group's decision not to march in the city's annual parade.
Azalea said in a statement that bowing out from the event was a difficult decision.
“This has been a difficult decision as I truly support the event and LGBTQIA communities, however I feel my participation at this point would only serve to further distract from the true purpose of the event,” she said.

Can't say I'm going to be disappointed, not because I agree with all the bullshit about Iggy, but if its a choice between her and looking at Nick Jonas (he better have his fucking shirt off at least) then I'm all for the beefcake. 
As for Pittsburgh Pride, it's a good time every year no matter who is hosting the event.
Hope to see some of you there!

No comments: