Friday, February 20, 2015

Marine With 4 Moms

A young marine named Jordan, stationed in Jacksonville Florida, started this post on reddit about a tattoo he just got; I found the story to be rather awesome.


My childhood was awesome. my moms cared for me and did the best they could to bring me up normally despite not having a dad. Looking back you might actually worry a bit. You see i had 2 moms and 2 sisters for the early part of my childhood so most things that i did were probably a little feminine. but that worked out fine minus a few embarrassing old home videos.
My mom was gay since i was born. she had a husband before, which is how i got my last name, but she left him wayyyyyyy before i came into the picture. My mom and her first wife (we will refer to her as "Nini" for explanations sake) divorced when i was around 5-6. after that is was your normal split household set up for the rest of my life. my mother got married again when i was around 8ish i think and Nini had a couple of partners come and go but eventually settled down with her now wife when i was about 12-13
I never really had to many bad encounters. when i was really young maybe a couple parents wouldn't let me hang out with their kids and stuff but i was really too young to notice. (i actually have an amazing story regarding that if it wants to be read) as i got a little older (8-11) and some kids would say something i would end up getting in fights. i was always protective of my mom, still am, and ill be damned if anyone insults my parents and i just sit by and let it happen. however i never took it too seriously. i actually joked about it more than anyone else. in like highschool and on it became more beneficial to my social life than anything else. i had some charisma and just put it out there and would be really open about my parents and it made it not seem like a big deal and everyone was mostly cool about it. i made more friends from it in highschool than friends i lost early on in school. around the time that people start thinking for themselves and not just adopting their parents views
4) she must have had a different up bringing than me. my parents always made me feel like i was unique and stuck out no matter where i was. don't get me wrong it wasn't perfect. just like anyone else i love my parents but there was an issue every now and again. i had a falling out for a while with Nini and her wife but it had nothing to do with the fact they were gay. and its all fine and dandy now. i'm grateful everyday for the awesome moms i have and couldn't imagine it differently. don't be afraid to have kids just because you're gay. just be the best parent you can and don't let your sexuality be the whole make up of who he is. You're just a parent and they are your child.
5) my moms like it but they are worried that its on my forearm.