Friday, May 6, 2016

Colton Haynes Officially Comes Out Gay (Like We Didn't Know Already)

Actor Colton Haynes on Thursday gave his first interview in which he discussed his sexual orientation.
The 27-year-old Haynes is best known for his roles as Jackson Whittemore in MTV's Teen Wolf and Roy Harper/Arsenal in The CW's Arrow.

Haynes inched out of the closet in January when he answered a fan's comment.
“When I found out Colton Haynes had a secret gay past, I got so excited even though I know it makes absolutely no difference in my life,” a fan wrote on Hayne's Tumblr.
“Was it a secret?” Haynes responded. “Let's all just enjoy life & have no regrets :)”
Entertainment Weekly asked Haynes about the incident.
“It was a complete shock,” he said of the media his post generated. “I wasn’t ready to be back in the headlines. I should have made a comment or a statement, but I just wasn’t ready. I didn’t feel like I owed anyone anything. I think in due time, everyone has to make those decisions when they’re ready, and I wasn’t yet. But I felt like I was letting people down by not coming forward with the rest of what I should have said.”
“People want you to be that GQ image that you put out, but people don’t realize what it’s like to act 24 hours a day. I’d go home and I was still acting,” he added. “People who are so judgmental about those who are gay or different don’t realize that acting 24 hours a day is the most exhausting thing in the world.”
Haynes told ET that he's happier and healthier than he's ever been.

No comments: