Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nebraska man attacked after defending gay friends

A straight man is recovering from injuries he sustained after being attacked for protecting his gay friends.
Ryan Langenegger told he and his two friends, Josh Foo and Jacob Gellinger, were at a restaurant when three men began to harass them. Gellinger was in drag.
“We were eating, and there was three guys watching us, and one of them stepped up and was a foot or two away from my friend [Gellinger], and he just kept saying, ‘Should I? Should I?’” Langenegger said.
The men told Gellinger he was disgusting, using “more colorful language.” When Langenegger and his friends decided to leave the restaurant, the three men followed them. Langenegger said they prevented them from getting in their car.
“I stepped in and said, ‘Hey, we aren’t looking for any trouble’, and as I’m talking to him, one of his friends from the corner of my eye comes up and hits me in the face, and I stand up, and he also swings at my other friend and misses, and I just look at him and say, ‘Why? There’s no reason for this.’’
Langenegger has bruises, two chipped teeth and a large gash on his forehead. He said taking the punch “was worth it to stick up for my friends.”
Surveillance camera footage and credit card information could be used to identify the assailants.

No comments: