Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Guilty Pleasure

A few months back, I was lamenting with some friends about the lack of long term gay story lines on TV when a Brit friend suggested I watch a UK soap opera called Emmerdale.
He advised me to start with episodes dating back to 2010, in which a young character was just coming to grips with his homosexuality.
Somewhere along the way, I became completely addicted to this show, not just for the gay characters, but just about everyone in this little village.
As of this weekend, I'm officially caught up and now I HATE this Brit friend, because now I'm like some junky jonzing for his next fix.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ulfian!

This looks great - and I'm in your camp, loving this stuff but feeling like a junkie. :) WHERE are you watching this? YouTube?

Erik
Santa Clara, CA

Ulf Raynor said...

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was watching it on Daily motion, but it seems ITV is cracking down and demanding they remove them.
I find this extremely frustrating since ITV offer no viable alternative to watch their shows internationally.
A case of cutting their nose off to spite their face.
Now, I have to put up with just watching short snippets that are posted on YouTube.